New Word Project

Posted by Randy David Monday, May 18, 2009 11:59 AM

Image via Wikipedia
Taking a cue from an article I read recently, I thought it would be fun to coin new words to add to lexicon of everyday life. I would like people to submit their ideas for words or phrases to cover life situations that don't have their own words.

For instance, I ran into one yesterday (not literally) when I approached a traffic light and suddenly the light turned yellow. I was too close to stop but too far away from the other side of the intersection to clear it before the light turned red. There MUST be a name for this situation. The one that popped to mind immediately was "amber inert" but I'm sure others can be more clever than that. So let's hear it. Send me an idea and I'll post the best ones next Monday.

Feel free to submit ideas for things you'd like to name, as well.





Powered by ScribeFire.

1 Response to "New Word Project"

  1. Randy David Says:

    Since nobody else wanted to play last week, I win the prize. The situation described will henceforth be known as an "Amber inert".

Post a Comment