Domaine de Couron Côtes du Rhône Villages 2007

Posted by Randy David Saturday, July 04, 2009 12:14 PM
Last night my house guest uncorked a wine that was recommended by a trusted advisor at The Wine Merchant in Clayton. My house guest is a founding member of the Wednesday Institute of Neighborhood Oenophiles, so I usually trust him. He informed me that the price was about $15 (or so). This is the blurb I posted on Snooth:
Based on the price I was not prepared for this wine. Right off the bat, it was velvety on the tongue. Then the fruit forward flavor came bursting through. Black fruit and leather were easy to discern. Nice balance with a little complexity. Not a lot of finish, but at this price, I wasn't expecting that. The nose was amazing, though. I kept avoiding finishing the glass because I wanted to keep smelling. This will become one my "house" reds. myRating 4/5
I'm guessing that food-wise, this would be very versatile. If anyone is looking for a good, inexpensive wine that will pair nicely with a variety of cheeses, or even a good BBQ-grilled chicken or pork. This will work. Last night I didn't pair it with anything and it was terrific on it's own.
Posted by Picasa